Charlie Cartwright – Jail Administrator
Charlie Cartwright has been in Law Enforcement since 1979. Sheriff Russell Cottle hired Charlie in 1997 as a Deputy for the Osage County Sheriff’s Office.
From 2002 to 2004, Charlie served as the Jail Administrator.
Sheriff Wes Penland promoted Captain Cartwright to the Investigations Division in 2004.
In 2005, Sheriff Ty Koch promoted Captain Cartwright to Chief Criminal Investigator. In 2008, Sheriff Koch promoted Captain Cartwright to Chief Deputy. Captain Cartwright supervises all criminal investigations and all Investigators and Patrol Officers assigned to the Osage County Sheriff’s Office.
In 2017 Sheriff Eddie Virden promoted Captain Cartwright to Jail Administrator.
Jail Visitation Rules
- Visits will be granted based upon time, space and availability
- One visit per inmate visitation day
- The same visitor may not visit more than one inmate
- Visitors must be at least 16 years of age and have photo identification or Certified birth certificate or school-issued identification
- Scheduled unit visits will be non-contact in nature
- Length of visit is 25 minutes
- Visitors may contact the facility for any additional information needed.
- Records and warrant check will be performed on each visitor
- Visitors may be asked to wait during mealtime or facility lock-down
- All visitors must be immediate family member ONLY
- Special visits are permitted with the approval of the Jail Lieutenant or Administrator
- Any visitor appearing under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to visit and may be subject to arrest.
- All visitors are subject to searches Any visitor refusing to submit to a search will not be permitted to visit or remain in the visitation area.
- No personal items may be taken past the lobby area. This includes food/drink items and tobacco products.
- Any visitors found with contraband that is in violation of the law are subject to arrest.
- Visitors must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. Profanity, loud or disrespectful comments, disruptive behavior, threats of any kind, etc will result in termination of the visitation The Osage County Sheriff’s Office reserves the right to terminate a visit at any time.
Visitor’s Standard of Dress
- Visitors are expected to be fully dressed in appropriate conventional clothing that is not unduly provocative, suggestive, or revealing.
- No clothing with gang, obscene, or distracting messages, shapes or designs
- No camouflage or clothing that resembles security uniforms.
- No dresses, skirts, jumpers, culottes, shorts – if more than 3 inches above the knee while seated. This also applies to slit dresses in that the slit cannot exceed 3 inches above the knee while seated.
- No coats, jackets, topcoats, raincoats, or other outer garments
- No clothing that unduly exposes the stomach, back, shoulders, chest, midriff or underarms.
- No hats or other head coverings such as do-rags, bandannas, etc.